calibgp pulse program

From: Leek, Don (Don.Leek@nrc.ca)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 13:43:58 PST

In preparation for doing a diffusion coefficient measurement, I am
calibrating gradient strengths using a water sample containing a teflon
phantom. The experiment is working nicely but I am curious about some
aspects of the calibgp pulse program (listed below). There are several
delays in the pulse program (de1,de2,de3) which I don't understand. I don't
know how they are set and what their values are. They don't show up in the
'ased' window and they don't seem to be calculated in the program.

Are they set automatically? (My instrument is a DRX.)

Thanks.

***********************************
Donald M. Leek
Chemical Biology NMR Laboratory
Steacie Institute for Molecular Sciences
National Research Council Canada
Ottawa, Canada K1A 0R6
phone: (613) 993-6356
      fax: (613) 952-0068
  email: don.leek@nrc.ca
    http://chembio.sims.nrc.ca/~nmr/info
***********************************
;calibgp
;avance-version
;calibration of gradient strength

#include <Avance.incl>
#include <Grad.incl>

define delay GR_LEN

"p2=p1*2"
"d11=30m"
"d12=20u"

"GR_LEN=aq*0.5"

1 ze
2 d1 BLKGRAD
  p1 ph1
  50u UNBLKGRAD
  GR_LEN gron1
  d16 groff
  p2 ph2
  50u
  d16
  de1
  de2 adc ph31 syrec
  de3 ph30
  aq gron1
  d12 groff
  rcyc=2
  wr #0
  d11 BLKGRAD
exit

ph1=0
ph2=1 3
ph30=0
ph31=0

;pl1 : f1 channel - power level for pulse (default)
;p1 : f1 channel - 90 degree high power pulse
;p2 : f1 channel - 180 degree high power pulse
;p16: homospoil/gradient pulse : ca. aq/2
;d1 : relaxation delay; 1-5 * T1
;d11: delay for disk I/O [30 msec]
;d12: delay for power switching [20 usec]
;d16: delay for homospoil/gradient recovery
;d28: delay for gradient : d28 = aq
;NS: 2 * n

;use gradient : gp 1

;this program can be used for dmx as well