Need processor chip

From: Charles L. Anderson (shiulong@bayou.uh.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 12:34:05 PST

Sorry for the cross posting with the BUM group but I need wide exposure for
this problem.

We recently brought a JEOL GSX-270 to field with the help of Ben Hamilton
of Magnet Resonance Services Inc.. While we have been able to obtain a
proton water signal it appears that our SCON shim control module is dead.
Our electronics people here have been able to track the problem down to a
microprocessor in the SCON shim control module. We have tried to obtain
this processor but it appears to have been discontinued and not available
from regular sources.

I am not sure of the manufacture of the chip. The only ID on the processor
is a F with a bar above and below it.
The chip is #MB8870N
This is a 40 pin microprocessor

If anyone knows a source for old tech stuff or has an old JEOL GSX-270 SCON
shim control module around or just the chip from another source lets make a
deal.

Thanks in advance and see you at the ENC,

Chuck

Charles L. Anderson, Ph.D.
Manager NMR Facilities
Department of Chemistry