Re: NOEDiff experiment, Avance GOESY expt

From: Kirk Marat (kirk_marat@umanitoba.ca)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 13:07:33 PDT

-----Original Message-----
From: D. Chuck Dunbar <ddunbar@olemiss.edu>
To: Kirk Marat <kirk_marat@umanitoba.ca>
Date: Friday, June 09, 2000 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: NOEDiff experiment

Jane, Chuck, et. al.

>I saw your posting on BUM and would like to find out what pulse program
>you use for running gradient NOESY experiments. I use a Avance 500 with
>Xwinnmr 2.6. There doesn't seem to be an included pulse program called
>GOESY. Do you have to get that somewhere or is it called something else
>by Bruker?
etc.

The pulse sequences I use are modified versions of selnogp.2 and selnogp.3,
both
of which are included in the standard distribution. The only modifications
we made
were to change p12 to p11 (to make it compatible with shapetool). I also
think there was
a bug in the way that they were doing the blanking, as they were leaving the
gradient
unit unblanked during acquisition, which I think was wrong. We also use a
command
panel (cpan) written by Martine Monette of Bruker Canada to automate the
setup
and make it more "user friendly". With my standard 12 mg strychnine test
sample
I can easily see NOEs below 1% in 16 scans on the Avance300.

here is one that I use:

;selnogp.2
;avance-version - dmx, drx only
;dpx with shaped pulses also O.K. -KM
;1D NOESY using selective refocussing with a shaped pulse
;dipolar coupling may be due to noe or chemical exchange.
;H. Kessler, H. Oschkinat, C. Griesinger & W. Bermel,
; J. Magn. Reson. 70, 106 (1986)
;J. Stonehouse, P. Adell, J. Keeler & A.J. Shaka, J. Am. Chem. Soc 116,
; 6037 (1994)
;K. Stott, J. Stonehouse, J. Keeler, T.L. Hwang & A.J. Shaka,
; J. Am. Chem. Soc 117, 4199-4200 (1995)

#include <Avance.incl>
#include <Grad.incl>

"p2=p1*2"

"d20=d8*0.5-p16-d16"

1 ze
2 d1 pl1:f1
  50u UNBLKGRAD
  (p1 ph1):f1
  3u
  p16:gp1
  d16 pl0:f1
  p11:sp1:f1 ph2:r
  3u
  p16:gp1
  d16 pl1:f1
  (p1 ph3):f1
  d20
  p16:gp2
  d16
  3u
  (p2 ph4):f1
  3u
  p16:gp3
  d16
  d20 BLKGRAD
  (p1 ph5):f1
  go=2 ph31
  wr #0
exit

ph1=0 2
ph2=0 0 1 1 2 2 3 3
ph3=0
ph4=0
ph5=0
ph31=0 2 2 0

;pl0 : 120dB
;pl1 : f1 channel - power level for pulse (default)
;sp1: f1 channel - shaped pulse
;p1 : f1 channel - 90 degree high power pulse
;p2 : f1 channel - 180 degree high power pulse
;p11: f1 channel - 180 degree shaped pulse
;p16: homospoil/gradient pulse [1 msec]
;d1 : relaxation delay; 1-5 * T1
;d8 : mixing time
;d16: delay for homospoil/gradient recovery
;d20: d8*0.5 - p16 - d16
;NS: 2 * n
;DS: 4

Cheers
-Kirk

Kirk Marat, Ph.D., NMR Facility Manager
Dept. of Chemistry and Prairie Regional NMR Centre
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3T 2N2, CANADA
kirk_marat@umanitoba.ca
ph. (204) 474-6259, FAX (204) 474-7608