upgrading to xwinnmr2.6

From: X.-Q. (Sean) Xie (xie@uconnvm.uconn.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 05:19:40 PDT

Dear All:

        I would appreciate it if someone could give me some help in
upgrading xwinmr2.6. We have an AVANCE DMX500 NMR system (5 years
old). Since April, we have been struggling with upgrading from
xwinnmr1.5 to xwinnmr2.6 (patchlevel 5) with IRIX 6.5.5, and ran into
many problems. Most of the problems have been solved with the
support from Bruker. Now the last problem is: "the experiment will
failed because of lossing FID after a while. It seems OK at the
beginning and then we could see the FID after 1 or 2 hours".

        We have trying many ways including upgrading TCU and RCU, but
the problem still exists. Actually, the new RCU (ECL06) did not work
on my system (I do not know why? we tried two RCU boards). I have to
put back my old RCU (ECL03) since the old one at least let users to
collect data.

          IF you have a similar system (DMX500 with three
amplifiers:BlarH100, Blax300 and Blax300; four channels), could you
email me back.

        Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Sean Xie