HP LaserJet 6L(5L), 1100, 3100, and 3150 Products - Why is My PrinterMultifeeding?

From: Dr. Guenter Schmidt (guenter.schmidt@bruker-biospin.de)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 23:08:59 PST

Dear Bruker Users,

if you are owner of a HP LaserJet 5L, 6L or 1100 the following
page may be
interresting for you:

        http://www.hp.com/support/separation_pad

As I know, all HP printer with vertical paper feed (5L, 6L and
1100)suffers
after some time with multi-feeding. Hewlett-Packard now offers a
free Customer
Replaceable Separation Pad Kit.
You may order it from:

        http://www.hp.com/support/ljsepkit

In addition to the noted printers it seems to work on LaserJet 5L
too. I have
no experience how long the new kit will work, but at the moment
it really helps.
Same weeks ago my 5L started to feed more then 50 pages at once,
but with the
Replaceable Separation Pad Kit I can insert 10 pages only and all
are feeded as
single pages.

Greetings,
 Günter

--
Dr. Günter Schmidt                 | Bruker BioSpin GmbH
                                   | NMR Software Department
E-Mail: Guenter.Schmidt@Bruker.DE  | Silberstreifen
Phone: +49 721 5161-443 / Fax:-480 | D-76287 Rheinstetten