TCP Wrappers

From: Jeff de Ropp (jsderopp@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 09:50:57 PST

Dear SGI users,
I have utilized tcp_wrappers for a few years to limit access to our
SGIs. The freeware tcp_wrappers program on the SGI freeware CD has worked
fine for Irix 6.3 and Irix 6.5.5. Recently I have upgraded two systems to
Irix 6.5.12. The tcp_wrappers program now blocks ALL access to these SGIs
even from sites allowed by my /etc/hosts and /etc/hosts.allow file.

I am using the same version of tcp_wrappers (7.6) that works fine on the
6.5.5 Irix system, and I believe I have installed and configured everything
correctly. My question is two fold:
1) First, has anyone else encountered this problem and is there a work-around?
2) Second, is there alternate Irix compatible software that accomplishes
the same thing as tcp_wrappers?
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff de Ropp