Error code

From: Charles L. Anderson (shiulong@mail.uh.edu)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 09:32:24 PDT

Ok I have several problems and they are driving me crazy with no success in
sight.

1.) One of our QE's 1280 computer is crashing and giving an error code of
12544. When this occurs the 1280 computer goes off-line and requires a
reboot to bring it back up to operating mode. Which means the data
gone This system is equipped with a BTI SMD hard drive emulator. I have
looked at every manual we have, which is a few, and haven't found the key
to the code numbers. I have replaced every board in the 1280 with no
observable results.

2.) The BB QE is not displaying channel B. After one pulse I see the FID
on the left and baseline on the right. When I FT that FID the result is a
spectrum that has a mirror image and one axis that corresponds to the right
spectral width. I have checked the QPD and the AB which are fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated as always,

Chuck

Charles L. Anderson, Ph.D.
Manager NMR Facility Office: 713-743-2728
Department of Chemistry Fax: 713-743-2469
136 Fleming E-mail: shiulong@mail.uh.edu
University Of Houston Web: nmr-central.chem.uh.edu
Houston, TX 77204-5003