Bruker pulse program phasing problem

From: Yufeng (CrystalAtom@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 10:43:27 PST

Dear Bruker Users,

Sorry for possible cross-posting, I'm just eager to know the answer soon.

I was using pulse program for Bruker from Wiscosin for a long time, recently
I tried the Bruker standard pulse program in XwinNMR V3.5 but got some
trouble in processing, especially the phasing of 13C dimension. For example,
the hncocacbgp2h3d spectra gives some dispersive tail along 13C dimension that
can not be corrected easily. This has not been a problem for me when I use
pulse program from Wiscosin.

To show how it looks, please have a look at the H-C projection plane at
http://mbalster.cwru.edu/questions/hncocacb2d3h_hc.jpg
No phase correction was carried out along 13C dimension.

I tried to process in both Felix 2002 and nmrPipe and the results are the same.

I looked up into the hncocacbgp2h3d then found the phasing evolution during the pulses bracing
the 13C evolution is not corrected during delay calculation, (p13:sp8 ph2):f2 and (p13:sp2 ph9):f2
in this case, though they used time-reversed shaped pulse to revert the magnetization.

I was just wondering whether this is the cause for the additional phase correction required (which
is actually not easy to complish) and if this is the case, did you people seldom use pulse programs from
XwinNMR rather from other sources, or use modified versions of the Bruker pulse programs?

And I noticed several other pulse programs were written in the similar way and gave similar results.

Sincerely yours

Yufeng
2004-02-17
        CrystalAtom@yahoo.com