stabilizing heater current

From: Mike Lumsden (lumsden@chem3.chem.dal.ca)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 12:36:45 PST

Hi Everyone,

On our AVANCE 500, we have a BVT3200 and a type T sensor for
temperature control. We do not have a BCU05 or a N2 supply and
so RT air is feeding our probes. We have been running all
experiments at 300K whereas our room temperature is at 293K.

Performing an edte self-tune on our probes under these conditions
leads to a heater current which never strays too far from 0 and,
what's worse, oscillates and sometimes goes to zero. This can
wreak havoc on our lock signal and so I'd love to get the heater
stabilized.

So my question is, short of buying a BCU05 or running everything at
even higher temperatures, are there any ideas to stabilize our
heater output?

Thanks For Your Help!
Mike

Michael D. Lumsden, Ph.D.
NMR Facility Manager
Atlantic Region Magnetic Resonance Centre
Room 428, Department of Chemistry, Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 4J3

phone:(902)494-1635
FAX: (902)494-1310
email: mike.lumsden@dal.ca