Redhat7.3 and cd-burners

From: David A. Horita (dhorita@wfubmc.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 08:55:28 PST

Hi all,

We're in the process of upgrading (?) from the IRIX/O2 to the RedHat 7.3/PC platform. As it came, the Linux box can't run cdrecord because the ATAPI CD isn't mapped to the SCSI bus. If I build SCSI emulation into the kernel, will it create problems with XwinNMR 3.5? The kernel is 2.4.18-26.7.x. (although 2.4.20-20.7 is also built on this system).
In general, are there kernel issues specific to successfully running XwinNMR?

Thanks in advance,

David A. Horita
David A. Horita, Ph.D.
Department of Biochemistry
Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Winston-Salem, NC 27157-1016
Tel: 336 713-4194
Fax: 336 716-7671
email: dhorita@wfubmc.edu