RE: inverse related parameters for AMX

From: Guangyu Li (ligy@lsu.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 14:19:35 PDT

Dear all,

Dr Harold Toms provided a wonderful solution to my problems regarding AMX
inverse experiments. His mail is posted below in case other users would also
have interests. I would like to express my gratitude to Dr Harold Toms and
other warm hearted fellows.

Guangyu

you do not say in your message what type of X amplifier your AMX-500 is
equipped with. If it has the BSV-10 then the decoupler power should be
set by DL0 and in a pulse program you switch to low power using "dlo".
But if you have a BLTX-300 then the command "dlo" in a pulse sequence
will not work and you need to run the script PPmod in the pulse program
directory. This changes every occurence of "dlo" to "dl5" and every
"dhi" to "dl0" in all the relevent pulse programs. You then use dl5 as
the low power setting and dl0 as the high power setting. This may be the
source of your problem.

If you have a BSV-10 then there is indeed only a default parameter for
pulse high power which can be adjusted by the parameter xl in the range
0 to 3 which gives you some limited ability to reduce the pulse power if
your probe breaks down at the full power (xl = 0). If you have a
BLTX-300 then pulse power can be adjusted as required with dl0.

regards

Harold Toms
NMR Manager
QMUL