solution to homogeneity problems

From: mm (mmartin@usc.es)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 01:34:04 PDT

Dear BUMers,
         We have already solved the homogeneity problems we recently had
in our four yeas old 11.7 T ultrashielded magnet connected to a DRX-500
console.
 I will comment was the trouble was since it may help to anyone who find
a similar problem.

Part of the problem perhaps could be attached to the fact that one of
the cryoshims has lost part of its charge during these years. However
the main cause
 for the homogeneity problems was due to the fact that the stack where
the NMR probe is attached, for some reason has moved, so that the probe
was not
inserted in its proper position (the receiver coil was a little bit out
of the homogeneus region at the centre of the magnetic field). We
noticed this because
 luckily when the magnet was first installed the technician marked with
an undeletable pen the original position of the stack.

Best regards,
Manuel Martin-Pastor