Analytical Chemist, Bude, Cornwall, UK

From: Grahame Harden (gharden@tripos.com)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 08:31:35 PDT

Analytical Chemist

We are an award winning pharmaceutical research company combining
information technology and chemistry to accelerate the discovery of new
drug candidates. Our discovery research business is growing rapidly, as
a result of our track record of working successfully with customers to
reduce their time-to-market.

Joining our Analytical team is your opportunity to contribute to our
ongoing expansion, through the ‘hands on’ application of modern
chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques. Supporting our experienced
analytical chemists, this is a challenging position offering a diversity
of interest.
Benefiting all areas of the compound library production process, your
main responsibilities will include the routine acquisition of NMR and
LC-MS data. In addition, report writing, data management and instrument
maintenance will be key areas of your contribution.

In addition to a keen interest in Analytical Chemistry, particularly in
chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques, you should have a good
degree in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry. Experience in a practical
analytical environment within the pharmaceutical or chemical industry is
desirable, along with knowledge of a wide range of analytical
techniques. A demonstrable interest in the application of these
techniques in a practical laboratory environment is essential. On a
personal level, you should be a flexible, enthusiastic and highly
motivated team member with a genuine eye for detail and good
communication skills.

If you’d like to contribute to our successes, in a friendly,
technology-leading environment that offers an outstanding quality of
life, please send your CV and cover letter (including current salary
details), to trr_jobs@tripos.com , or Leona Marsh, Human Resources,
Tripos Discovery Research Ltd, Bude-Stratton Business Park, Bude,
Cornwall, EX23 8LY.