au progs with command line arguments

From: Phil Dennison (dennison@uci.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 12:54:52 PDT

Dear all,

I've been investigating using command lien arguments with au programs
in XwinNMR (version 2.6). My conclusion is that it is only possible
if the program is executed by using 'xau', rather than just the
program name. Does anyone know if this is correct?

I've written an au program 'copy', which essentially executes 'wrpa'
with an overwrite check and then loads the new dataset. Initially I
set this up so that typing 'copy' results in a request for the new
experiment number, offering the next one as a default option. This
can be run by typing either 'copy' or 'xau copy'.

I've now modified the program so that a new experiment number can be
entered immediately on the command line, but find it only works if
the 'xau' command is explicitly used. i.e. 'xau copy 19' works, but
'copy 19' does not.

I wonder if this is unavoidable behaviour, as I find that the
standard program 'iexpno' works in exactly the same way, 'xau' must
be used if specifying a new experiment number rather than using the
default increment of 1.

Regards,

Phil.

--
Dr Phil Dennison
NMR Facility Director			(949)824-6010 (office)