Does Anyone Have A Spare Frequency Synthesiser ?

From: by way of BUM (Nmr@newcastle.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 08:25:58 PDT

Dear All,

As some of you might be aware I am in the midst of restoring our Bruker
WM300 Wide Bore spectrometer to full working order. Since starting this
job in February 2004, I have successfully installed a brand new Hitachi
DK512S-17 hard disk unit and am presently in the midst of pumping down a
soft cryostat. Whilst checking out the various components on the
spectrometer, I have unfortunately ascertained that the PTS160 frequency
synthesiser unit inside the spectrometer (BCD programmable with no manual
override) is non-functional (nothing but noise on the main output;
occasional
standard signal on the 10 MHz standard line out but more often nothing at
all or noise). This is not surprising as the poor machine was simply left
switched on after the machine crashed catastrophically almost 2 years ago.

I was wondering whether anyone out there may have a spare PTS160
frequency synthesiser (0.1 MHz to 159.99 MHz range) they would be willing
to part with for free (preferred option) or for a small price (not so
preferred option but understandable).

I would also be grateful for any advice on a good and cheap
UK-based electronic repair company that may be able to repair our defunct
PTS160 unit and also a defunct General Radio 1061 Frequency Synthesiser
(BCD Programmable with Manual Override) that I discovered whilst on
an archeological dig in our equipment store.

I am willing to travel within the UK to collect the unit if it is not to
far from Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

Yours sincerely,

Phuong Ghi.

Dr. P.Y. Ghi
NMR Centre Manager
School of Natural Sciences,
University of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne,
Bedson Building (Chemistry),
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, NE1 7RU,
United Kingdom.

Tel: +44-191-222-6851 (Direct Line)
Fax: +44-191-222-6929 (School Office)

Email: nmr@ncl.ac.uk
Web: www.nmr.ac.uk/nmr

bruker-users-request (at) purcell(dot)cchem(dot)berkeley(dot)edu