19F experiment on ARX

From: Piotr Dobrowolski (piotrd@cc.usu.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 08:04:44 PST

Hello everybody,
This should be quite simple question which will probably reveal my
complete ignorance.I am trying to obtain 19F spectrum on our ARX400
(XWIN-NMR 1.3) using CCl3F/CDCl3 sample. I am not sure how to set up
this experiment. I expected I could simply tune the proton channel (BBO
probe-head) to fluorine. However, if I try to tune (wobb) after
switching observe nucleus to 19F I can see no response at all. I have
only VERY limited experience with this system (no manuals for present
configuration) and I have never before attempted any fluorine NMR. Do I
need to manually switch something in the preamp or elsewhere?
Piotr

Piotr Dobrowolski, Ph.D.
NMR/EPR Manager
Utah State University