CSA Analysis

From: Munguia, Teresita (tmunguia@utep.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 15:05:17 PST

Hello All!

I'm a graduate student at the University of Texas at El Paso. Our Bruker 250 Avance Solids works great, but I'm having trouble with the CSA analysis. Our software is ancient (xwinnmr 2.1) so I have to export the data and use other software. I have tried two different free software so far and I have a question about each.
1. On Dominique Massiot's DmFit I only get values of eta CS and dCS, no principal values appear. I have followed the directions for CSA fitting on their website but no tables "for a better match" appear. What am I doing wrong?
2. On Klaus Eichele's Graphical Herzfeld-Berger Analysis v1.4.4 I want to import an integration file from xwinnmr but I keep getting an error (we do not have winnmr). I know it reads ASCII files created by winnmr but shouldn't it read any ASCII file (plain text??)? How can I get around this.
If anyone has any suggestions for free software for CSA MAS analysis please let me know.

Thanks for any thoughts and sorry for the length.

Sincerely,
Teresita Munguia
University of Texas at El Paso
Chemistry Department