D3-methanol as an NMR solvent

From: Burton, Ian (Ian.Burton@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca)
Date: Mon Sep 12 2005 - 07:03:11 PDT

Hello BUMmers,

I would like to conduct an informal survey of Bruker NMR users about the use of D3-methanol as an NMR solvent. We have been using CD3OH as an NMR solvent for several years with great success when analyzing natural products with exchangeable protons that won't dissolve in non-exchanging solvents. I would like to know if there are other users that have been using this solvent and how successful it has been.

Thank-you,

Ian Burton

Ian W. Burton, M/Sc. | NMR Spectroscopist / Spectroscopiste RMN
tel/tél: 902-426-9030 | facsimile/télécopieur: 902-426-9413 | ian.burton@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
NRC Institute for Marine Biosciences | 1411 Oxford Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 3Z1
Institut des biosciences marines CNRC | 1411 rue Oxford, Halifax, Nouvelle-Écosse B3H 3Z1