autoplot and 2D projection

From: Frank Holger Foersterling (holger@uwm.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 08:14:04 PST

Dear all,
I am trying to use autoplot to print a two dimensional spectrum with
a vertical and horicontal projection.
We are using XWINNMR 2.5 / XWINPLOT 2.6.0 on an SGI with IRIX6.5.

I have no trouble setting up and printing a layout from XWINPLOT
with both the 2D spectrum and the 1D projections.

If I save that layout and define it in edo in XWINNMR, typing
autoplot on the XWINNMR command line will only print the 2D spectrum,
but not the projections.

Executing autoplot from the unix command line with specifying a
portofolia\o file and the layout file
(xwinnmr -e autoplot -p portofolio layoutfile)
will print both the 2D spectrum and the projections, but there
appears to be no way to vertically scale the 1D projections, which
makes C-13 spectra dominated by a chloroform peak hard to see in the
projection. XWINPLOT allows for that, but it seems that scaling is
not saved in the layout file.
So I suppose my questions are how do I specify projection file names
within XWINNMR for use with autoplot, and how do I determine the
vertical scale of the projections with autoplot.
I will post a summary of the replies.

Thanks in advance

Holger Foersterling
                                     )|(
                                    (o o)
Frank Holger Foersterling, Ph. D.
Director of NMR laboratories
Department of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
http://hal.chem.uwm.edu/nmr/
(holger@uwm.edu)