TOPSPIN 1.3 meets the firewall

From: Jacob Newman (jmn242@nyu.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 07:53:12 PST

Hello,
We've just moved over to TOPSPIN 1.3 on a brand shiny new PC, (which is
hooked up to our Avance 400 configured for solids) and we ran into a
conflict between TOPSPIN and McAfee Firewall, which seems to block the
connection between the computer and the CCU. We can get communications
if we completely disable the McAfee Firewall. Being that we'd like to
have the PC connected to NYU's network, which is very open and very
insecure, we'd like to have the firewall running. Thus, the question:
does anybody in BUM-land know the TCP/IP ports which TOPSPIN and
Hummingbird NFS v7.1 use to communicate with the CCU, so that I may open
only these ports on my firewall?
Thank you,
Jacob Newman
New York University