ESP PrintPro and XWINNMr

From: Frank Holger Foersterling (holger@uwm.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2006 - 15:25:04 PST

To all users of Bruker software,
we are trying to use the ESP PrintPro software on our SGI workstation
(SGI Octane, IRIX 6.5.29) but I am running into problems when trying
to plot from within XWINNMR (version 2.5). Each time I issue the
"plot" command in XWINNMR I get the message:
 cannot get plot request id client-error-not-found
As the ESP software replaces the regular lp and lpr commands there is
the possibility that XWINNMR printing is not compatible with this new
software.
I do seem to be able to print from XWINPLOT, but not from XWINNMR.
Has anybody out there sucessfully used XWINNMR with the Printpro
software on an SGI workstation ? Are there any tricks/hacks one has
to apply or is it just not possible. If not, are there any other
ways to support non postscript printers with the newer versions of
SGI IRIX (SGI seems to have abandoned some of the support after one
of my softwareupgrades)
Thanks for any advice

Holger Foersterling

                                     )|(
                                    (o o)
Frank Holger Foersterling, Ph. D.
Director of NMR laboratories
Department of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
http://hal.chem.uwm.edu/nmr/
(holger@uwm.edu)
Phone:(414)-229-5896
Fax:(414)-229-5530