Postdoc positions

From: Peter Stilbs (peter@physchem.kth.se)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 03:54:12 PST

Hi All:

Two postdoctoral positions are presently available (4/2006) at the
Industrial NMR Centre of the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH),
Stockholm. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to pursue research
in NMR spectroscopy with direct or potential applications in industrially
relevant materials and processes. Both positions require a less than 5 year
old Ph.D. degree in chemistry, physics, material science or related and
good communication skills. Experience of development of research
instrumentation is an advantage.

Spectrometers in the range 200-500 MHz, equipped with wide-bore magnets and
a large variety of probes are available at the Centre. The latter ones
include solid-state and liquid probes, home-built stopped-flow,
temperature-jump, and electrophoretic NMR probes and several commercial
setups for diffusion and micro-imaging studies. Material families of
highest but not exclusive interest are porous and colloidal systems made of
either hard (glasses, ceramics) or soft (surfactants, polymers) matrices.
Note that intended activities at the Centre will not involve structural
studies of biomolecules. Some further details can be found at
<http://gamma.physchem.kth.se/~nmr/>http://gamma.physchem.kth.se/~nmr/.

Tax-free stipends of 220 000 SEK per year will initially be given for one
year, with possible extension to a second year. The positions will be at
the Department of Chemistry, KTH. Interested candidates should forward a CV
including list of publications, a statement of relevant experience and
interest, as well as contact information for two reference persons.
Applications and inquiries for additional information should be sent to:

Prof. Peter Stilbs, <mailto:peter@physchem.kth.se>peter@physchem.kth.se ,
+46 8 7908201 or

Prof. István Furó, <mailto:ifuro@physchem.kth.se>ifuro@physchem.kth.se ,
+46 8 7908592,

Physical Chemistry
Department of Chemistry
Royal Institute of Technology KTH
SE-10044 Stockholm, Sweden

Peter Stilbs, Prof. tel: +46 8 7908201
Physical Chemistry fax: +46 8 7908207
Royal Institute of home phone: +46 8 54023367
Technology (KTH) mobile phone: +46 70 6220736
                                                    (normally off)
SE-100 44 Stockholm mailto:peter@physchem.kth.se
Sweden http://gamma.physchem.kth.se/~peter/

"If we knew what we were doing - it would not be research, would it ?"
                                               Albert Einstein