RE: Autolocking - TopSpin vs XWIN

From: Mike Lumsden (mike.lumsden@dal.ca)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2006 - 10:11:38 PDT

I wanted to thank all of you who responded to this email. As it turns out,
with TopSpin 1.3 there is a "new" file in exp/stan/nmr/lists called
solvents.auto. There are only 6 solvents listed in this file that ships
with the release. Auto lock-in is only performed on solvents listed in this
file and methanol is not in there by default.hence the problems I was
experiencing with methanol and auto lock-in. Since methanol was not listed,
manual lock-in was attempted which needs of course an accurate FIELD value
since the capture range I believe is +/- 10 units. I had been in the habit
of including a 25 unit offset in my field setting and so manual lock-in on
methanol failed as well without an entry in the Field Correction column of
the edlock table. The developers at Bruker tell me that this approach will
be changed with TopSpin 2.0.

Best Wishes,
Mike

Michael D. Lumsden, Ph.D.
NMR Facility Coordinator
Room 428, Atlantic Region Magnetic Resonance Centre
Department of Chemistry, Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
B3H 4J3

phone: 902-494-1635
FAX: 902-494-1310