IconNMR automation 'flashlight' icon

From: Phil Dennison (dennison@uci.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2006 - 11:05:16 PDT

Dear All,

I'm currently setting up automation using IconNMR 3.5.6 build 4 (Irix
6.5.27m, XwinNMR 3.5 pl6) with a sample changer, and am deciding
whether or not to enable 'Supervisor' permission for my users.

I think I would prefer not to enable this, but one feature is
puzzling me. If Supervisor is not enabled, when Automation is running
I see a small icon button with a torch or flashlight on it at the top
right of the screen, just under where 'Help' is on the top bar.

I haven't found any reference to this in the manual and am wondering
what its purpose is. If I press this button while an automation run
is in progress, the screen is refreshed and the 'Acquisition In
Progress' window disappears. The main automation window also
disappears but is quickly redrawn. The lack of the 'Acquisition In
Progress' window means that users cannot examine data in progress.

So what I would like to find is a way to bring this window back if
'Supervisor' is not enabled, as I'm sure some user will press that
button.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Phil.

--
Dr Phil Dennison
NMR Facility Director			(949)824-6010 (office)