BGU-II diagostic program

From: rmair@cfa.harvard.edu
Date: Wed Aug 09 2006 - 11:54:15 PDT

Folks,

Yet another problem with our aging AMX-2 console with microimaging on a 4.7T
vertical bore magnet (XWIN-NMR 2.6 on an SGI).

The BGU-II seems to be playing up. Its faithfully giving out x pulses,
but nothing on y, z. No pulse light on the front display, no pulses going
down the twinex lines to the gradient amps. Power cycled the BGU, rebooted
the CPU4 and SGI, and nothing seems to change.

When we installed the BGU-II unit originally, it took a lot of playing with
a little unix-based diagnostics test program on the SGI. Does anyone know
exactly where this program is?

I figured some playing with the diagnostics might help. But, after tooling
around in /u/prog/bin and other likely places for over an hour, I still
couldn't find it.

Does anyone know the program I may be referring to, or where to look for it?

Many Thanks,

Ross Mair

--
Ross Mair