IconNMR 3.5.6 spin rate read error

From: Phil Dennison (dennison@uci.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 14:30:21 PDT

Dear all,

Last week I set up one of my systems to run IconNMR under automation.
The instrument is a DRX400 with SGI O2 running XwinNMR 3.5 pl6 and
IconNMR 3.5.6, with 120 position BACS.

On Saturday a persistent error appeared 'spin rate read error' and I
had to restart the automation run to clear it.

The state of the automation run was that a series of samples had been
completed and the system had sat idle, with the run still active.
After about 8 hours a sample was entered into the system, and the
'spin rate read error' appeared.

The error appeared before the new sample was loaded, and the
experiment name and number in the error box was of a sample that had
been completed long before, near or at the beginning of the run.

It seems likely that the error was triggered by the temperature
checks. I had configured IconNMR to perform both Pre and Post
insertion checks, and allow users to change the sample temperature.

On Saturday I disabled temperature handling and the automation run
has functioned normally so far (about two days now).

So I am wondering if anyone has similar experiences and has found a
solution? I suspect the au program 'au_equilte' as this contains