PC housekeeping

From: Alex Kitaygorodskiy (kkitayg@CLEMSON.EDU)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2006 - 12:36:32 PDT

Hi,
For two years I have had two Avance instruments running XWinNMR 3.5
on PCs with XP Windows.
Recently (running a virus test) I discovered that the number of files
on hard drives for both host stations were very high compared to a
similar PC not connected to NMR (~300,000 vs ~100,000). I remove old
NMR data files on regular basis from the directory
Bruker/XWinNMR/data/UserName/NMR. However it looks like there are
other directories which accumulate unnecessary files. For example I
discovered the directory
Bruker/XWinNMR/prog/curdir/changer/inmrchanger containing hundreds if
not thousands of files generated during these years. What are they?
We even don't have sample changers! What other directories should I
clean to keep the number of files on the PC Host Stations under
control?
Thanks,
Alex

--
Alex Kitaygorodskiy  (Alex Kitt), Ph.D.    	Phone: 864-656-0611
Director, NMR Facility                              Lab:     864-656-3577