XwinNMR and new HP network printers

From: Phil Dennison (dennison@uci.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2006 - 16:36:19 PDT

Dear all,

I'm running XwinNMR 3.5 on SGI computers, and am finding I cannot
print to the latest HP network laser printers.

Today I replaced a dead color Laserjet 2500n with a new 2600n. I
could print to the 2500n using one of the standard HP drivers in
XwinNMR. But the 2600n does not work. If I look in the spooling
directory, the 'status' is 'waiting for the printer to come up' (or
similar). I have also found the same problem recently with a black
and white HP4100 printer.

In my experience the 2300, 2400 and 2500 series printers work OK, but
the 2600 does not.

I also haven't so far managed to print to the 2600 from my one
TopSpin1.3/Linux workstation.

I think that the 2600 printer itself is OK as I can print from a
Windows computer and from two Macs. On the Macs I have to install the
printer via 'Bonjour' though, setting up standard IP printing doesn't
work.

There may be a problem with the network interface, as sometimes
connecting to the embedded webserver is problematic, but I'd be
interested if anyone is successfully using one of these printers.

Thanks for any assistance,

Phil.

--
Dr Phil Dennison
NMR Facility Director			(949)824-6010 (office)