TIFF export problem solved

From: Frank Holger Foersterling (holger@uwm.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2008 - 07:46:53 PST

Thanks for all the replies with regard to the broken TIFF export
functionality. It appears that installing the postscript version
6.5 from the Bruker web page under /u/plot did the trick. I am not
sure whether the problem was a corrupted installation, or
interference with other ghostscript insallations on the same
computer, but I suspect the later as reinstalling XWinNMR from CD
(with an older ghostscript version) did not do the trick.

As I was asked why I even bothered with TIFF export, I agree that for
exporting spectra int documents vector graphics like postscript is
superior, and is what I encourage users. BUt I was using CGI scripts
to enable users to view autoplot generated spectra in a web browser,
and used the tiff export in conjunction with imgcopy to create jpeg
fiiles, and that functionality I did not want too loose.

Holger
                                     )|(
                                    (o o)
Frank Holger Foersterling, Ph. D.
Director of NMR laboratories
Department of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
http://hal.chem.uwm.edu/nmr/
(holger@uwm.edu)
Phone:(414)-229-5896
Fax:(414)-229-5530