working with frequency lists

From: Markus Hoffmann <mhoffman@brockport.edu>
Date: Thu Mar 12 2009 - 10:45:04 EDT
Hi all,

Does anyone have experience how to work with pulse programs that use a frequency list?
We are trying unsuccessfully to use the pulse program "troesyph", which uses a frequency list and comes with Topspin 1.3 (patch level 8 on a windows platform).

1.) We created a frequency list "f1" with values 1500, 4500 and 1500 as entries. This list was then chosen under FQ1LIST.
However, we either get compilation errors or messages of too large values in the frequency list when attempting a RGA.
What are we doing wrong with respect to procedure for setting up the frequency list for this pulse program?
2.) After reading the acquisition manual, it is ambiguous to us how the values in the frequency list are treated. Are these absolute values that will be used as entered or will those be added to the O1[Hz] (or SPOFF10[Hz]) values? So even after getting the program to work we would still be uncertain what actual off-set values we would obtain. In this regard, is there generally a way to check that the offset for the spin-lock pulse was set properly?
3.) Another curious thing is an observation about the looping of this particular pulse program. It seems that the first time through, 3 values are read from the frequency list, thus 3 values should be listed in the frequency list. However, in every following iteration, the loop seems to go back in between the first and second time accessing the frequency list, thus only reading twice from the frequency list. So how many values should be listed in the frequency list?

Any helpful comments would be much appreciated,
Kind Regards,

Markus

Markus Hoffmann
Department of Chemistry