The BUM will live on!

From: Bob Berno <bberno@mcmaster.ca>
Date: Wed May 13 2009 - 08:37:02 EDT
Hello everyone,

I hope that you have all had a chance to follow Jerry Hirschinger's
suggestion to "... pile on all of the punny BUM jokes we can think of
before Rudy shuts us off."

I just wanted to let all of you know that the BUM will live on.  I am in
the process of having the archives moved/copied to one of our servers
here at McMaster, and I intend to take over Rudi's task as moderator.

Rudi will keep the archives active on his site for a little while, but
the archives will soon be moved to:
www.chemistry.mcmaster.ca/bum

For the time being, please continue to send you BUM postings to the
current address <bruker-users-mail@purcell.cchem.berkeley.edu>.

Once the transition to our site is complete and has been tested, I will
send out the notice to formally change the email address for future
postings to:
bruker-users-mail@chemistry.mcmaster.ca

Because of Rudi's understandable reluctance to share his distribution
list, I will put out a request that if you would like to continue to
participate in the BUM, that you please "re-subscribe" to the service.
To "re-subscribe",  please send an email to:
bruker-users-mail-request@chemistry.mcmaster.ca

And with your subscription, please include some information about
yourself:  your name, your title/position, where you work and a list of
the Bruker instruments you use.

And finally, I would like to thank Rudi for maintaining this service for
so many years.  I know that I have made good use of it, and that the BUM
has definitely been an essential resource.
Cheers Rudi, and THANK YOU!

Bob.

--
Dr. Bob Berno