Computer problem?

From: Keith Brown (brownk@chem4823.usask.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 11:46:21 PST

  I have recently noticed a very perplexing little thing happening on our
AMX specrometer. Since little computer problems sometimes blow up into
big ones, I'd like to try to find out the cause. The computer is an X32
running uxnmr software. The problem, if you can call it that, is that for
some users, uxnmr shows the user name with the first letter
capitalized. ALL usernames are in lowercase on our system. I checked to
see that the data directory has all usernames in lowercase and yet uxnmr
shows some with a capitalize first letter. Any ideas about what is
happening here?

Keith Brown
University of Saskatchewan
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan