Re: An Introduction

From: Tong (baseline@sina.com)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 11:17:27 PST

"Thomas J. Dyer" wrote:

> Dear NMR Colleagues,
>
> My name is Tom Dyer. I'm a PhD candidate at the Institute of Paper Science
> and Technology in Atlanta, GA. Currently, my research group has a Bruker
> 400 MHz DMX NMR, having the capabilities of performing solids, solution
> phase and imaging experiments.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else has had problems reading in their shim
> files. I found that I need to log out of XWINNMR and then log back in
> order to read the shim file properly. In addition, has anyone encountered
> any problems when switching from solids experiments to liquid experiments
> (or vice versa)?? I appreciate you help.
>
> Sincerely,
> Tom Dyer

Here we are using Xwin-nmr v1.3 on a Bruker 600M DMX. And I've
sometimes met problem in reading shim file too: when I typed
"rsh oneshimfile", the bsms board just tells "Display mode"
and seems doesn't read in the shim file actually--the display
of the board doesn't give any other messages!
Sometimes it works if I type "rsh oneshimfile" again, or if I
type "rsh", select the corresponding shim file, and CLICK on
the "Load lock parameters" button. But sometimes all these
doesn't work. I don't know the reason either.

--
Yu-Feng Tong||ͯÓî·å
NMR Group, Dept. Enzymology