F2: Amplifier SWR Mismatch F2: DCF

From: tong (nmruser@sina.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 11:07:53 PDT

Hi all,

I met a problem, so strange, at least to me, I'd wonder if any others
have met it or can give me any opion.

I'm carrying out a 3D CBCA(CO)NH (gradient, sensitivity enhanced
version, which one may be not important since I have met similiar
problem in carrying out other 3D experiments) on a Bruker Avance DMX600
with XwinNMR-1.3 patchlevel 9, probe head: 5mm TXI XYZ-grad, F2 is
assigned to C13 F3 to N15. The exp. is set to run 40hrs.

All seems to be normal at the beginning, the ACBdisp window and BSMS all
show proper info. After one day's run, I notice the SWR Mismatch LED on
the BSMS lights, "F2: Amplifier SWR Mismathch, F2:DCF" is shown in the
statusbar in the ACBdisp window and after I open the door of the console
bay I found the "RF power fault" and "pulse width" red LED lights of
Amplifier for C13. So I let the door open, after several minutes, all
becomes ok again. No red LED for error on the amplifier, no red LED for
SWR mismatch on the BSMS, no "SWR mismatch info" in the acbdisp window.

I don't know when the problem shows up again because this occurs rather
randomly or perhaps during a long run. I suspect a certain PL is set too
high or some pulse too long, but how can I find out which one is?

--
Yu-Feng Tong||ͯÓî·å
NMR Group, Dept. Enzymology