X32 boot tape: Thanks

From: Kirk Marat (kirk_marat@umanitoba.ca)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 10:30:11 PDT

Many thanks to all who responded to my request on how to make one's
own X32 bootape. The procedure is to use the stand alone program
iltd (/dev/dsk/0s0 stand/iltd) from the boot monitor. The iltd program
has a "makeboot" command that will do the job.

Jeff de Ropp pointed out that this is in Chapter 8 of the Aspect X32 system
manual, but our copies of this manual must be very old as they stop at chapter 4.

With our own configured boot tape it will be much easier to recover the system
"as configured" should our disk fail.

Cheers
-Kirk

Kirk Marat, Ph.D., NMR Facility Manager
Dept. of Chemistry and Prairie Regional NMR Centre
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3T 2N2, CANADA
kirk_marat@umanitoba.ca
ph. (204) 474-6259, FAX (204) 474-7608

All SPAM reported to SpamCop
All mail from hotmail.com, yahoo.com, aol.com, lycos.com, etc. diverted to a junk folder