DOSY in automation?

From: mhoffman@brockport.edu
Date: Tue May 15 2007 - 08:11:56 PDT

Dear BUMers,
We have been conducting enough DOSY experiments to get to the point where we wonder about running DOSY experiments in automation. However, using Topspin 1.3 patchlevel 6, to start a DOSY experiment requires the command "dosy" to begin a macro that asks for input of intial and final gradient strengths, # of iterations etc. I generally know how to make new experiments available in ICON NMR, but I don't know how to deal in this regard with this DOSY macro. The only straightforward option I see is to acquire in automation each one dimensional spectrum separately, and then splice the 1D data files together into a 2D serial file. This seems unnecessary cumbersome though. Does anyone have in mind a more elegant approach?
Thanks,

Markus

Markus Hoffmann
Department of Chemistry