Date problems on XWIN-NMR 1.3

From: Dr. Nils Metzler-Nolte (nils@mpi-muelheim.mpg.de)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 11:29:11 PST

Dear All,

this may be the first reported Y2K problem on this list. Since January we
are not getting the correct date anymore on paper printouts from our
spectra. The respective line reads "DATE_ 500000" every day. In contrast,
all directory and file dates for new spectra are correct.

We are running XWIN-NMR 1.3 (patchlevel 8) on an SGI Indy under IRIX 5.3
with all recommended patches + the handful of recommended Y2K patches
installed (according to SGI WWW site and their Y2K audit program).
Patchlevel 9 for XWIN-NMR 1.3 does not seem to have a fix for our problem
according to the Bruker summary of bug fixes.

Is this a Y2K problem? Has anybody seen it and can offer a solution short of
upgrading to XWIN-NMR 2.6 (we like 1.3!!)? Thanks for your help, a summary
will be posted.

Nils Metzler-Nolte

Dr. Nils Metzler-Nolte
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Strahlenchemie