Bruker 2DWINNMR ; WINDOW or UNIX

From: Yiu-Fai Lam (YL2@umail.umd.edu)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 11:28:55 PDT

Dear All:

I would like to get your feedback on two issues:

A. PC or UNIX:
        We are at the point to decide should we switch to PC from SGI
for the workstations on the Bruker spectrometer.
        We have four systems running on SGI and the advantage to me is
in the software administration. But , SGI hardware are relatively
expensive to maintain.
        Could you share with me your experience on NT-PC based
workstation.

B- Bruker PC 2dSoftware:

We recently acquired 1D and 2D WINNMR from Bruker and have problem to
process data.
We followed the network installation instruction and using Novel Server
to keep the license key.
I have tried them on WIN98, WIN2000 . All platforms have the the same
problem:--
The 1D portion works nicely but the 2D portion just cannot process data
from XWINNMR.
When I try to do xfb, I get the error message
" you most likely have no write access to this drive" and 2d data (ser
file) just sit there untouched.
Would appreciate anyone kind enough to share their experience

Thank you,

Yiu-fai Lam

--
Yiu-fai Lam
NMR Lab. University of Maryland, Bldg #91