Re: Ink Jet Color printer on Bruker- XWINNMR

From: D.J. Howe (djh35@cus.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 08:10:48 PST

Hi All...

We have an Epson 3000 configured for use with xwinnmr, over the network.
This printer takes A3 paper length wise, and will print up to A2, or even
onto A2 banner paper. It was some time since I set it up, but I also used
the bjc800 files, however as the paper is fed in 'the wrong way round' I
had to swap the ##$X_PAGE= and ##$Y_PAGE= values around in the file found
in the /u/conf/plotter/ directory. Well what I did was copy the bjc800
files in the /u/conf/plotter/init and /u/conf/plotter/initfile directories to
'epsonA3' edit those and then used 'cfpp' in xwinnmr to install the
printer. (The file /u/conf/printer/init/bjc800 also needs to be copied to
epsonA3 if you want text output for peak picking say, I think)
Then a bit of reconfiguring of the output from xwinnmr in the 'edg'
routine (mainly giving the plot a 90 degree roation I think), and
viola, lovely network printable A3 colour contour plots.

I couldn't get A2 output from xwinnmr on this printer at all, it
would always come out scrambled, or A3 size spread over several sheets.
It may be impossible to configure without knowing how epson implement what
ever instructions the bjc800 driver sends it.
If anybody else has got this working, I'd love to know.

Of course I accept no responsibilty if people treat the above relation of
my experiences, as actual instructions, and mess up their system!

Duncan Howe
NMR Technician
University Of Cambridge
UK