NMR position(s)

From: Duncan M Smith (duncan@amgen.com)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 08:12:52 PST

We have 1 or perhaps 2 exciting NMR positions available in Amgen's
rapidly growing Small Molecule Drug Discovery department at our Thousand
Oaks California campus. We have 70 Medicinal Chemists and 15 Process
Chemists who need the support of expert NMR spectroscopists.

The successful applicant will carry out structure elucidations of small
molecule drug candidates, and support the NMR Facility for the
chemists. This involves advising chemists on NMR methods and spectral
interpretation, operation and maintenance of Bruker DRX400 and DRX500
NMR spectrometers, and implementation of new methods. Other 500 and
600MHz Bruker NMR spectrometers, some with CryoProbes, are also
available for use.

We are seeking a self-motivated team player with an analytical problem
solving approach. The customer focus of this position requires strong
written and verbal communication skills. You will have either a recent
PhD in solution state NMR, natural product structure elucidation using
NMR, or a similar background. You should also have thorough
understanding of organic chemistry nomenclature, and be able to discuss
structural problems with chemists. We would also like to hear from
BS/MS level candidates with at least 5 years hands-on NMR small molecule
experience.

If you would like to know more about this exciting opportunity, please
call me at the number below, or submit your resume via email to
duncan@amgen.com.

--

Duncan M Smith Molecular Structure Department Mailstop 29-M-B Amgen Inc. One Amgen Center Drive Thousand Oaks CA 91320-1789 USA

Phone (805) 447-3171 Fax (805) 480-3015 E-mail duncan@amgen.com