Acetonitrile for LC-NMR

From: Xiaogang Han (xhan@ribapharm.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 13:07:50 PST

Hello, All,

I wish to get opinions from you who play with LC/Flow-NMR. I have been
using Reidel-de Haen 's LC-NMR grade Acetonotrile for my experiment which
is 4 time as expensive as Fisher brand HPLC grade. 1D spectrm of Fisher's
(16 scans) does not show any proton signal other than ACN's. Does anyone
use 'normal' HPLC grade ACN, and are you happy with it? Anyone has
aknowledge of what special process has be done for Reidel-de Haen to label
LC-NMR grade which actualy has more H2O contain than most of other grades?
Thank you for your input, I will post theresult.

Xiaogang Han