Linewidth measurement

From: Piotr Dobrowolski (piotrd@cc.usu.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 17:02:29 PDT

Hello everyone,

I have just joined the list. I am a new NMR manager of the USU NMR
Facility. The only one Bruker instrument I operate here is 400 MHz ARX.
We are using SGI O2 workstation as a host computer running IRIX 6.3 OS
and XWINNMR 1.3. Unfortunately, I don't have any previous experience
with Bruker spectrometers.

My question is extremely simple. How can I measure linewidth of signals?
I started my work by checking some basic specs and I found out that I
don't know how to perform the chloroform lineshape test. I mean, I can
shim and get the spectrum (lineshape actually looks quite good) but I
don't know how to accurately "read" the numbers for 0.55 and 0.11%
height. RTFM did not help! After spending hours studying Bruker's online
manuals I am really frustrated.
By the way, is there any command that will show half-height linewidth
for selected peak?

Thank you very much,

Piotr

Piotr Dobrowolski