cryoshim problems

From: mm (mmartin@usc.es)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 12:12:28 PDT

Dear Bruker users,
   We are having some problems with the cryoshims in our four year old BRUKER 11.7 T ultrashielded magnet

This is the second time we expect the same problem with this magnet which is connected to a AVANCE DRX-500 console. and as result the lineshape becames so badly degraded that it is not possible anymore to obtain a good lineshape with the normal shimming process.

The solution for this problem is relative expensive, a technician have to come to the lab to recharge the bad cryoshim/s and do a new re-shimming of the magnet.

I wonder if somebody has experienced the same problem with this type of magnet or if there is any suggestion about what could be the origin of this problem.

Manuel Martín Pastor
Unidade de Resonancia Magnética
RIAIDT, edif. CACTUS
Tel.: 981 594488 16231