Re: cryoshim problems

From: mm (mmartin@usc.es)
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 01:24:25 PDT

Dear Charles G. Fry and BUM users,

   To begin with thank you all very much to all for your interest and
your great aid and advise.

  The problem was not a sudden change in lineshape but a continously
worsening lineshape over the period of two or three months. I don´t
know for sure if this time are the cryoshims or the room temperature
shims what are causing the problem, all I know is that the first time we
had the bad lineshape problem in this magnet it was caused by the
cryoshims. Last week
a Bruker technician came to the lab and after a first feeling around
with the magnet, he got the impression that this time is still the same
problem. They are scheduled to come and repair the magnet during the
present week.

   About what could be the cause of the trouble, I am inclined to
discard the possibility that it is caused by improper helium refilling
since we have got two other magnets in the lab and we have being doing
He filling with all of them too since several years. We have not face a
similar problem with any of the other magnets (some of them are also
Bruker magnets too).

   Yours sincerely
Manuel Martin-Pastor