RE: TCL Version for SGI and Linux

From: Bob Albrecht (b.albrecht@protasis.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 20:52:46 PDT

Hi Rudi,

I think I will give it a try. What I can do is code the TCL scripts that use
8.4 so that the 8.4 interpreter is used instead of 7.4.

BTW my project is going well. There are now 3 installations and a couple
more on the way. One thing I didn't expect though is a bunch of NMR
operation questions. I have been able to handle most of them by
_reading_the_manual_ but here is one that has got me stumped at the moment
that you probably know off the top of your head:

SYSTEM WON'T LOCK
1. The "field" as edited in edlock is not shown on the BSMS when the lock
command is entered.
2. The system does not lock because the field is wrong (off by 100).
3. I changed BSMS manually to the correct field and it locks.
4. I adjusted the "field" in edlock and it changed the BSMS, but it didn't
match the value shown on the BSMS.
5. When adjusted to an incorrect value (add 100) in edlock to compensate it
didn't adjust exactly to value entered, but improved and locked with a weak
signal.

My first guesses are that there is some parameter or table that the user
does not know about or that there is some electronic problem.

If you don't know I will put it on BUM.

Best reagards,

Bob Albrecht