a correction to my question re: 'plot' in XwinNMR 3.5 on SGI

From: Phil Dennison (dennison@uci.edu)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 23:32:39 PDT

Dear all,

On sober reflection this evening I'm sure that the 'plot' button is
not actually affecting the vertical scaling of the plot. The student
who brought this to my attention was so convinced that is was that I
got carried away. I'm sure that the plot scaling only changes on
expanding the spectrum if the setting of 'pscal' demands that it
should be.

So my question is now slightly different. I assume that in XwinNMR
2.6 the on-screen 'plot' button is the same action as pressing 'dp1',
confirming the displayed plot limits and then typing 'plot'. Is there
a way in XwinNMR 3.5 of automatically loading the displayed spectral
region into the plot parameters without the confirmations required by
'dp1'?

This afternoon I managed to install XwinNMR 2.6 in parallel with 3.5,
sharing some resources like parameters sets, curdir, pulse programs,
macros, etc. Has anyone used this kind of configuration?

Regards,

Phil.

--
Dr Phil Dennison
NMR Facility Director			(949)824-6010 (office)