phase sensitive STATES

From: Saad Ramadan (saad@imrr.usyd.edu.au)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 18:45:37 PDT

Hello all,

I am using xwinnmr 3.5 on a pc, and have recently ran a phase sensitive
cosy with fnmode=STATES.
To check what is actually happening, I checked the file "pulseprogram" in
the experiment no folder.
In the pulse program, d1 was halfed and so was td1. ns was doubled,
however, by looping twice through the main loop (after incrementing phase
of pulses preceding t1) instead of the usual once.
So if I set td1 and d1 to 128 and 2s in eda, I find out that in
pulseprogram td1 and d1 are 64 and 1s respectivley.
This is ok, knowing what STATES is all about. But what doesnot make sense
is that when you enter rser in xwinnmr, you can read from 1 to 128 instead
from 1 to 64.
ppg also shows that you are indeed doing 64 increments and not 128 increments.

Any explanation please ?

My second question is:

To acquired with fnmode=STATES, you need to acquire sine modulated and
cosine modulated ser files, and you should not combine them to avoid
destructive addition. Instead, you half process them wrt t2 and
arithmatically add the real parts and then do FT wrt t1. I cannot see that
Bruker is doing that! Bruker only collects 1 serial file.

any explanation please?

thanks and kind regards
Saad

Dr Saad Ramadan
Senior Research Fellow
Institute for Magnetic Resonance Research
P O Box 148
St Leonards NSW 1590
Australia
Level 3, Block 3, Royal North Shore Hospital
St Leonards NSW 2065
Phone : 612-9926-5975
Mobile: 0414-403-745
Fax: 612-9926-5220