Re: Processing TopSpin data using XwinNMR 3.5 & edc

From: Phil Dennison (dennison@uci.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 11 2005 - 14:41:59 PDT

Dear all,

I have a definitive answer from Bruker on my processing problem. The
new Avane 600 is equipped with a DRU digitizer, which is not
supported by any software prior to TopSpin version 1.3. Not great
news for me, although it is perhaps inevitable that hardware advances
will not be supported by old software.

There is a work around, which is to use the command 'convdta' to
convert data to analogue mode in TopSpin 1.3 before loading into
XwinNMR. Existing spectra can be displayed/manipulated/plotted OK,
but my system deletes spectra automatically when they are 4 days old
at the moment. I suspect that current versions of Spinworks and
MestRe-C are also unable to process DRU data.

Thanks for all the help,

Phil.

--
Dr Phil Dennison
NMR Facility Director			(949)824-6010 (office)