"D120 became negative" - pulse programming error

From: Andy Soper (a.soper@ru.ac.za)
Date: Mon May 08 2006 - 03:59:37 PDT

Dear all,

On several occasions I have encountered the error

"D120 became negative due to too many dd120
instructions"

When compiling a pulse program which I had
written. I have previously found the immediate
cause but I seem to keep forgetting it. Recently it
occurred again and so this time I will report it to the
list so that perhaps I will remember it also :-)

The error seems to occur if the first instruction is
not immediately followed by a suitable delay.

1 ze
2 20u BLKGRAD

provokes the error while

1 ze
  30m
2 20u BLKGRAD
does not.

A 30 milli-second delay is frequently used for disk
I/O. This d120 is doubtless defined in one of the
the Bruker C-Language "include" files. When I
have more time I will certainly try to determine the
underlying reason for this error.

In the mean time perhaps this mail will help some
poor pulse-programmer who is as puzzled as I was
by the message.

Sincerely,
Sed ex amante alio accenditur alius. St Augustine.
One loving spirit sets another on fire.

Andy Soper (*NEW* Contact Details) Email:
a.soper@ru.ac.za
Telephone: National +27: Area (0)46
Office: 603 8717: Fax: 622 5109: Home 622 6315
Mobile: (0)82 56 27037 Amateur Radio: ZS2 VJZ