Plant Metabolomics

From: Kotesh Kumar (koteshnpp@yahoo.co.in)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2006 - 23:33:17 PDT

Hello BUM Friends
   CIMAP is a medicinal plant based research institute where I am working as a chemist in the Avance 300 facility. I am also cought up by the recent hype in the NMR world i,e., metabolomics. But, due to some common doubts I could not intiate it. I request those who are persuing this NMR activity to help donate some hints as to whether basically 300 MHz (with inverse z gradient probe) NMR will suit for such studies. Do I need to posses the markers before doing metabolomics study. Any hints regarding the possible outcomes (from common medicinal plants like Withania somnifera, Catharanthus roseus, Chlorophytum etc.) from different types of experiments. Your inputs will greately help me to proceed in this area.
  Thanks in advance
  Sincerely
  J. Kotesh Kumar